Want to go all out for Halloween, here is a great recipe for a spooky snack:
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered (2.5 oz)
10 large hot dogs
Mustard or ketchup, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for “face.” On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on “face.”
It’s that time of the year again, the heat is subsiding, and the lovely season of fall is peeking her head out. Now, before we start seeing the trees change shades and the weather cool off, here are some great tips to lead you into the fall season.
- Drain your hot water heater – if you don’t have a water softener, hard sediment can be building up in your tank. Now is the perfect time to drain your heater and inspect for rust so you are not without when the weather gets cooler.
- Check your windows and doors for drafts – checking your windows and doors for drafts will keep the heat secure in your home. If there are drafts, now is the time to fix them so you don’t loose efficiency from your heating unit.
- Cover your pool – if you have enjoyed your swimming pool during the summer, you are going to want it in tip top shape for next year. Cover your pool with a protective cover to keep fall leaves and debris from dirtying and clogging up your pool.
- Prepare your garden – It is time to get rid of your spring plants and plant for fall color. Some great fall plants are: Violas, Snapdragons, and Pansies.
- Check your roof and gutters – leaves will be falling and blowing in the wind more during the fall, make sure your gutters and roof aren’t going to get clogged or overrun by fall.
- Get your heating system checked – To make sure you aren’t going to get stuck with a system that doesn’t work when the cold comes, give us a call to check your system and get maintenance where needed.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fans – creating an upward draft circulates hot air from the ceiling.
- Check carbon monoxide detecter and smoke alarm – fall is an excellent time to check your safety detecters and to replace the batteries.
- Remove window AC units – as it warms up, take out your window AC units, clean them and store them away for the hot season. You can then keep the outside air where it belongs and keep the warm air inside your home.
- Take care of your outdoor items – it will soon be time to deflate your pool toys and put away the noodles. Make sure to thoroughly dry them and store them away so they do not create mold.
Happy Fall from your friends at Southwestern Solar!
This month we recognize Nate DeMarco. Nate started with us in 2011. He is one of our senior service technicians, and for a great reason. Nate is a joy to work with EVERY day. He is always positive, funny, and he has a constant smile on his face.
Nate is a one of a kind employee who will volunteer his time and help out in any way he can. He is definitely a leader who many of us look up to. He holds his NATE certification, EPA, and his Healthy Air Certification. Many of our customers recognize Nate immediately and always have such great things to say about him.
Nate is passionate about racing and on the weekends you can find him on the track. Thank you Nate for all of your hard work and for being such a valuable team member!!
To schedule your maintenance appointment or consultation with Nate, give us a call at520.329.4020, or click here and ask for Nate!
We are always busy at Green Valley Cooling & Heating AND Southwestern Solar, but in case you missed it, here are some photos from a home we did earlier this year. How awesome does this look?
Our client was so happy with our work that she even asked that we install a new unit in her home. If you have pictures to share or any comments on our service, leave us a message on our Facebook page!
With the monsoons winding down it is common to wonder whether or not your panels were working as efficiently as they can be.
If you have ever gotten a sunburn on a cloudy day you know that though there are clouds in the sky, the UV rays from the sun are still working. This is the same for solar panels. Though it is not as intense, rest assured that your solar panels are working on an overcast or rainy day. It is important to remember, however, that like the decreased intensity of power of UV rays during a cloudy day, solar panels also decrease in efficiency slightly.
Because we are fortunate enough to have sunshine almost year round, your panels are almost always efficiently working. If you are concerned whether or not the heavy rains will ruin your panels, understand that they are made waterproof and the important elements that make the panels function are protected by layers of conductive material that is indeed waterproof.
If you are having trouble with your solar panels or have any questions about the efficiency of your panels, give Southwestern Solar a call at 520.329.4020 or contact us online by clicking here. We are always available to answer your question or to get you started on efficient energy for your home or small business.
It has never been a better time to go solar. Now that we have hit 100 degree weather and the sunshine is plentiful, it is the optimum time to save money on your electric bills with solar energy. If you are curious about the process, here’s how we serve our highly satisfied solar family:
- We conduct a free site evaluation. We come to your home to determine if solar power is indeed the right fit for you by determining if your home has the right characteristics for great solar energy harvesting.
- We will do a financial analysis. We take the time to analyze your utility bills to determine how much energy you use and how much you can save.
- We professionally design and engineer your system. Trust the experts, our engineers will design a solar system customized to your needs and your home, and take the time to determine optimum location while meeting code requirements.
- We help with financing and forms administration. We care about helping you from start to finish and work with you to maximize your state and federal credits and utility rebates, while showing you options and financing.
- We professionally install your system. So you never have to worry about getting multiple companies involved, we will install your system for you. Count on our professional installers to do excellent work on schedule.
- We provide ongoing maintenance. On some systems, we offer internet-based monitoring programs so you can see your system performance. With each system sold, we also offer system maintenance and performance agreement programs so that you know that your unit is running efficiently.
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 520.329.4020, or click here.
At Southwestern Solar, we are all about educating our fabulous customers and residents in Green Valley. Sometimes, however, we forget about the budding little minds who may be curious about Solar Power too. To fill that gap, here are some fun Solar Power facts for kids!
- Solar power is created by the sun’s rays.
- People have been using solar energy for thousands of years, from heating water, to drying clothes, to making delicious sun tea!
- Now, we have the technology to use the sun to create electricity for use in our homes!
- Using solar power can reduce pollution and make our air cleaner
- Solar cells convert the sun’s light into electricity, you may have noticed solar cells powering small devices like calculators.
- Space stations and spacecrafts use solar panels to generate power
- The largest solar power plant in the world is in the Mojave Desert
Do you have any fun facts to share? Post to our Facebook or comment below!
Our team at Green Valley Cooling and Heating and Southwestern Solar is a diverse mix of talented individuals with the sole purpose of providing exceptional service in the Green Valley area. To show our appreciation, we want to highlight those wonderful individuals so they know how much they are appreciated. That said, our employee spotlight goes to Mike Bartoletti.
Mike Bartoletti started with us in 1984 as a service technician. He attended the University of Arizona and completed his degree in Electrical Engineering. Mike quickly became our service manager early on and then moved up to our Vice President of Operations.
We launched our solar division, Southwestern Solar in 2008 and Mike quickly led the way heading solar. Mike now works part time for us and is our solar designer. He isn’t quite ready to retire, but working part time gives him the benefit of traveling. Mike is a proud grandpa and spends as much time as he can on the weekends with his grandsons. He sits on the Board of Directors for the GreenValley/Sahuarita Chamber of Commerce and has headed up their first GreenCommittee.
It is easy to see why our employee spotlight is Mike Bartoletti. Thank you Mike for thirty-one fabulous years with your Green ValleyCooling & Heating and Southwestern Solar family!!
As we celebrate 2015, here are 15 reasons to choose Southwestern Solar.
- Renewable energy is the next big thing. As advancements are being made in technology we are focusing more on energy efficiency and going solar is a great way to make 2014 green.
- We have been around for a while and are planning on staying! Our parent company Green Valley Cooling and Heating has been serving the Green Valley area since 1968.
- We are local. Keeping your investments in the Green Valley area helps advance our community.
- Solar energy is the investment that keeps on giving. You save on energy costs and get incentives locally and federally.
- We come highly recommended, just check out some of our client testimonials by clicking here!
- We offer a 100% guarantee on our work. We are confident in our abilities to get you the perfect system to fit your needs and we won’t stop until you are completely satisfied.
- More savings! Not only do you save with tax incentives and lower energy costs but we also offer additional coupons.
- Our founder worked with solar systems for over 25 years
- Our highly trained staff enjoy working with you to provide you with the system of your dreams; from design to execution we work to get you the results you want.
- We conduct a free evaluation and analysis before we even get started so that you are involved with the process.
- If you are unsure of how to finance your solar system we can help with the forms and the financing.
- We are committed to constantly learning more about efficient solar systems and offer both photovoltaic solar and general solar systems.
- We service and install solar water heaters.
- We help you learn more about solar energy both when you consult with us on the phone or in person or on our website’s blog or glossary
- We have the experience. Southwestern Solar is made up of a team of professionals who have received extensive training in the industry
Ready to go solar? Give us a call!